LOS ANGELES, March 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — "China’s Haze: Under the Dome", a documentary on Chinese Smog (Wu Mai), swept Chinese social media on February 27, receiving over 80 million views. In the film Chai Jing, former state news anchor and hostess, proposed "Green-commuting within 5 km." She mentioned that, "during rush hour in Beijing, 44% of the total number of automobiles was driven within a 5-km radius, producing 1 ton of PM2.5 per day." She advised people to change from their daily routine. She advocated that the general public abandon driving, using manpower and renewable energy for commuting within 5 kilometers.
Air pollution comes with globalization. Since the Industrial Revolution, smog has been ever-present. In the U.S., according to the 2010 State of the Air report by the American Lung Association, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and Washington D.C. are the cities most affected by particle pollution (PM2.5). Millions of people are suffering from chronic bronchitis, pediatric asthma and other lung illnesses. Particle pollution can increase the risk of heart disease, lung cancer and asthma attacks and can interfere with the growth and work of the lungs. It can even kill.
What can we do to clear the air in heavily polluted areas, like LA? Commuting in a more eco-friendly way can be a solution.
The methods for eco-friendly traveling can be:
- Use a bicycle instead of a car. Cycling can effectively build stamina, eat up calories and increase strength and muscle tone. Most importantly, cycling can keep you away from time-consuming and irritating traffic jams.
- Electric scooters are quiet running and fun. They top out at 10 miles-per-hour, delighting kids and neighbors alike.
- Trans and other public transportation
- Definitely the fastest and least-polluted way to commute, public transportation can consume 20 times less energy than automobiles.
- Personal Transporter
- Much less the cost of a car, with no emissions and no pollution, PTs are green and rapid, able to move a person blocks after blocks. PTs make you outstanding among the people, so long as you can find a plug to charge it. INMOTION Tech. provides you its R series and V series, fast–charging and long-durable personal transporters, These PTs connect you with your destination anytime and anywhere.
Said Chai Jing in the film: "The battle between human beings and pollution is made up of thousands of people. So no more ignorance. Step up. Do Something. Right here, right now. You."
About INMOTION Tech.
INMOTION is a top-tier SCV (sensor controlled vehicle) company focusing on providing affordable and durable personal commuter solutions. INMOTION is dedicated to expanding individuals’ life radius with cutting-edge tech. INMOTION has expanded its market to over 50 countries globally. To learn more about INMOTION, please click www.imscv.com/en/.
INMOTION is a trademark of INMOTION Technology, registered in the People’s Republic of China and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/under-the-dome-covers-chinese-internet-former-state-reporter-advocates-5-km-green-commuting-300047334.html