— Report highlights WatchGuard’s modular platform approach, ability to continually innovate to keep up-to-date with ever-changing threat landscape
— Recognition moves WatchGuard into position as one of industry’s most awarded network security companies
SEATTLE, April 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — WatchGuard Technologies, a global leader in multi-function security appliances, today announced it has been named to the JMP Securities Fast 50 list of hottest privately held security and networking companies. The list, which was created by the Internet security and communications infrastructure team at JMP, recognizes innovators that have the capability to dominate their respective markets.
"In just over 12 months, WatchGuard has delivered a continual cadence of innovations that are raising the bar for the network security industry, and it’s terrific to have this recognition from JMP Securities for the value they see us bringing to the market for our customers," said Rich Barber, chief financial officer at WatchGuard Technologies. Following are the highlights of the company’s most recent introductions:
- WatchGuard Firebox® M440 – This Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) or Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliance features truly independent ports, which dramatically simplifies network segmentation and ensures accurate policy creation.
- WatchGuard Firebox M400 and M500 – These NGFW or UTM firewalls vault past the competition by inspecting encrypted traffic 149 percent faster than competitors and up to 61 percent faster with all services enabled, allowing them to keep pace with explosive market growth in network and encrypted Internet traffic.
- APT Blocker – This advanced malware protection solution delivers real-time protection against advanced threats in minutes not hours.
- Dimension Policy Map – This feature for WatchGuard’s real-time visibility solution gives IT professionals X-ray vision into firewall configurations and network traffic so they can see the flow and impact of policies across the entire network in real-time.
- WatchGuard Firebox T10 – This enterprise-level UTM appliance designed for the home and small office, allows enterprises to protect their high-value home based employees at the same level they protect their corporate networks.
In the past year, highlights of other awards and recognition WatchGuard has received include PC Magazine Highly Recommended, Firebox T10; APT Security solution of the Year, Computing Security Awards; Network Security Company of the Year, Network Computing Magazine; Security Product of the Year, Firebox M440, Network Computing Magazine; and the Top-Rated Next Generation Firewall, WatchGuard XTM 1525, NSS Labs. For a full list to the company’s recent awards, click here.
About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
WatchGuard® Technologies, Inc. is a global leader of integrated, multi-function business security solutions that intelligently combine industry standard hardware, best-of-breed security features, and policy-based management tools. WatchGuard provides easy-to-use, but enterprise-powerful protection to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. WatchGuard products are backed by WatchGuard LiveSecurity® Service, an innovative support program. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle, Wash. with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit WatchGuard.com.
WatchGuard is a registered trademark of WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. All other marks are property of their respective owners.