— TIBCO Delivers New Big Data and Reporting Capabilities to 450,000 Open Source Users
PALO ALTO, Calif., Oct. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software, today announced the open source release of version 5.6 of its award-winning TIBCO Jaspersoft® business intelligence platform, available for free download on the Jaspersoft® Community site. This new version includes several product updates, including new Big Data connectors, interactive reporting upgrades, an updated OLAP engine, and performance enhancements to TIBCO Jaspersoft® Studio. In addition, the company announced that more than 450,000 users have registered with the community, which hosts more than 150,000 unique visitors per month.
"Jaspersoft was originally founded as a result of an open source project, and we’re proud to maintain that mentality and commitment to keeping our business intelligence platform available to the public as a community version," said Brian Gentile, senior vice president and general manager, TIBCO Analytics. "We strongly believe that the Jaspersoft Community is responsible for much of our success and continued growth, and enables our software to be available to everyone from students learning to leverage BI to multi-national corporations requiring enterprise grade solutions through a competitive pricing model."
New product features added to the Jaspersoft Community platform include:
- Native Big Data connectors adding support for Apache Hadoop®, Apache Hive™, Apache Cassandra™, and Cloudera®, helping to deliver real-time reporting on your Big Data investment
- Additional interactive reporting features to provide a more customizable experience for users. New capabilities such as the interactive zoom, string search, and bookmarking help make the interaction of reports a more intuitive and powerful experience
- An updated OLAP engine that now provides faster queries to data with a series of core stability improvements for a more robust analytic offering
- Jaspersoft Studio performance enhancements that enable developers to work and iterate their reports more swiftly and reliably
- Download the Cloud BI white paper
- Learn more about TIBCO Jaspersoft® for AWS
- Purchase TIBCO Jaspersoft on AWS Marketplace, starting at less than $1 per hour, on a pay-as-you-go basis with no extra charges for users or data. Jaspersoft has more than a 1,000 active customers on AWS Marketplace
- Visit http://community.jaspersoft.com for more information about the TIBCO Jaspersoft open source community
- Follow @Jaspersoft and @TIBCO on Twitter to stay up-to-date on all of the company’s latest news and product information
- AWS Test Drive Program
About TIBCO NOW
TIBCO NOW is a leading industry conference focused on exploring the disruption in technology happening today, and how enterprises can adapt and win in an age of rapid change. TIBCO NOW will provide an opportunity to learn about the seismic technological forces causing this disruption — Big Data, cloud, mobile, social, and much more. Join us at TIBCO NOW November 3rd-5th in San Francisco to discover how others are riding the wave of disruption to get — and stay — ahead of the competition. Visit NOW.TIBCO.com to learn more and register!
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) is a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software. Whether it’s optimizing inventory, cross-selling products, or averting crisis before it happens, TIBCO uniquely delivers the Two-Second Advantage® — the ability to capture the right information at the right time and act on it preemptively for a competitive advantage. With a broad mix of innovative products and services, TIBCO is the strategic technology partner trusted by businesses around the world. Learn more about TIBCO at www.tibco.com.
TIBCO, Jaspersoft, Two-Second Advantage, TIBCO NOW, and TIBCO Software are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Amazon Web Services and AWS, are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Cloudera is a trademark or registered trademark of Cloudera in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. Apache, Apache Hadoop, Hadoop, Apache Hive, Hive, Apache Cassandra and Cassandra are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.