FerriSSD® Enables High performance and Reliable Non-Volatile Storage for In-Vehicle Infotainment Systems
SHIN-YOKOHAMA, Japan, Nov. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (NasdaqGS: SIMO) ("Silicon Motion"), a global leader in designing and marketing NAND flash controllers for solid-state storage devices, today announced the availability of its automotive grade PATA and SATA FerriSSD solutions designed for In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI) systems. Silicon Motion will showcase the FerriSSD Automotive IVI-Grade Solutions at the 2014 Embedded Technology in Yokohama, Japan.
FerriSSD(R), a 16x20mm single-package SSD, enables high performance and reliable storage for IVI systems
FerriSSD is designed to replace the traditional SATA and PATA hard disk drives used in a wide range of embedded applications such as automotive IVI systems. By integrating NAND flash with Silicon Motion’s industry-leading controllers in a small BGA package, the FerriSSD delivers faster performance with significantly better endurance and reliability than hard disk drives. The automotive IVI FerriSSD solutions support AEC-Q100 as well as an operating temperature range of -40 to +85 degrees Celsius.
"The increasing amount of technology being embedded into automobiles today- from real-time GPS, to streaming Internet multimedia content to interfacing with smartphones, requires better performing and more reliable IVI systems," said Nelson Duann, Silicon Motion’s Vice President of Product Marketing. "Our FerriSSD is a high performance, highly reliable storage solution that is easy to implement without compromising safety or performance."
FerriSSD is a complete embedded storage solution, encompassing both hardware and firmware to support an array of industry-leading capabilities using proprietary technologies with features including:
- Intelligent scan and data refresh with a built-in temperature sensor to effectively enhance the reliability and extend the lifespan of the SSD
- SSD LifeGuard® monitor and remote firmware updatability to ensure that each drive remains healthy and utilizing the latest firmware
- SLC mode and Intelligent Clean, two complementary features that provide fast data access as well as high speed sustained data transfers
- Hardware-level quick-erase and full-disk AES encryption for enhanced data protection
- Full sleep/energy saver mode for lower power consumption
- System level protection from voltage surges to avoid a potential fire hazard
- Every unit is tested and guaranteed to operate between -40 to +85 degrees Celsius
- Automotive IVI compliance to the AEC-Q100 requirements
- Package dimensions of 16x20x2mm BGA package with 1.0mm ball pitch
- PATA or SATA up to 64GB capacity options
Silicon Motion will showcase its complete line of embedded solutions, including FerriSSD, embedded graphics and embedded eMMC solutions, at booth A-21 of the 2014 Embedded Technology show in Yokohama, Japan.
For more information on Silicon Motion, please go to http://www.siliconmotion.com.
About Silicon Motion:
We are a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets high performance, low-power semiconductor solutions to OEMs and other customers in the mobile storage and mobile communications markets. For the mobile storage market, our key products are microcontrollers used in solid state storage devices such as SSDs, eMMCs and other embedded flash applications, as well as removable storage products. For the mobile communications market, our key products are handset transceivers and mobile TV IC solutions. Our products are widely used in smartphones, tablets, and industrial and commercial applications. For further information on Silicon Motion, visit www.siliconmotion.com.
Senior Manager / Marketing Communication Dept.
Tel: +886-2-2219-6688 Ext. 3010