Under the Education Act, centres offering tuition or enrichment programmes with 10 or more students must be registered with MOE. This does not include private tuition teachers or tuition agencies. If disputes between such parties and their consumers cannot be resolved mutually, consumers may consider mechanisms such as mediation, lodging a complaint through Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE), the Small Claims Tribunal, or seeking legal assistance in the matter, depending on the nature and details of each dispute.

Currently, there are no plans to regulate private tuition teachers or tuition agencies. Parents and students should exercise their discretion and carry out basic checks before engaging them, such as checking the credentials of tutors.