As part of the Pioneer Generation Package, the Government will provide $100 per month to help Pioneers with moderate to severe functional disability defray long-term care expenses. This Pioneer Generation Disability Assistance Scheme (PioneerDAS) will be administered by the Agency for Integrated Care (AIC), an agency under the Ministry of Health. Pioneers with at least moderate disability may sign up for the scheme from 1 July 2014 and start receiving the benefits from September 2014.
3. Pioneers are automatically eligible for PioneerDAS if they are already claimants under ElderShield, or are beneficiaries of the Interim Disability Assistance Program for Elderly (IDAPE) or the Foreign Domestic Worker Grant as they already meet the disability criterion. Notification letters will be sent to their NRIC-registered address from end-June to inform them of their inclusion in the scheme. They do not need to do anything to join PioneerDAS.
4. Disabled Pioneers who have not been assessed can approach a qualified assessor, such as a General Practitioner (GP)  with the Functional Assessment Report (FAR) form to certify their conditions. The FAR and a list of General Practitioner (GP) clinics that administer the functional assessment can be found at www.silverpages.sg/pioneerDAS. The FAR and application forms will also be available at community touch points such as Community Centres and Social Service Offices. We encourage Pioneers to call the clinic to confirm the availability and the fees of the GP before their visit. Bed-bound Pioneers may furnish a copy of a doctor’s note certifying that they are bed-bound permanently in lieu of an assessment done using the FAR.
5. Disabled Pioneers who are currently receiving Intermediate and Long-Term Care (ILTC) services (e.g. nursing home, home-based services and center-based services) from a Ministry of Health (MOH)-funded ILTC service provider may contact their providers if they require assistance with the functional assessment or application for the scheme.
6. If the Pioneer is certified to meet the disability criteria after assessment, they can submit the completed application form, together with the FAR and supporting documents to AICare Hub at 180 Kitchener Road, City Square Mall #B2-19/20 Singapore 208539. AIC will process the application and inform Pioneers of the outcome.
7. For more information on PioneerDAS, please visit AICare Hub or the Singapore Silver Pages at www.silverpages.sg/pioneerDAS. Alternatively, please contact AIC at 1800-650-6060 or email pioneerDAS@aic.sg.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
25 JUNE 2014
 The assessment can be performed by any fully-registered doctors under the Singapore Medical Council (SMC), Registered Nurses under the Singapore Nursing Board (SNB) or fully-registered Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists under the Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC).