– Enterprise Mobility on Top of Investment Agenda of Many Businesses
BOSTON, Feb. 3, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Mobile workers now comprise nearly one-third or approximately 30 percent of corporations’ total workforce, according to the results of the Strategy Analytics Mobile Workforce Strategies (MWS) survey. The survey which polled over 1,200 organizations found that a workforce comprising nearly 1/3 of mobile employees is the most common. In general, mobility solution decisions are increasingly driven by line-of business management and IT and spending on mobile devices, SaaS, IaaS, and security software have increased the most in 2014 compared to 2013, according to the latest enterprise survey, "The State of the Business Mobility Market 2014"
Click here for the report: http://bit.ly/1CpvV1O
Strategy Analytics interviewed 1,217 different size organizations in the US, UK, France, and Germany, across key vertical segments: F.I.R.E (Financial, Insurance, Real Estate), Manufacturing, Professional Services, Education/Public Sector, Healthcare/Pharmaceutical and Telecom/Media/Technology.
Further Findings include:
- IT, sales and customer services are the key budget holders for mobile application development over the next year
- Approximately 50% of security is still installed on-premises, but software is continuously moving to private and public clouds
- Heterogeneous smartphone environment deepens in the enterprise; trend is expected to be here to stay
- Business use for email has surpassed voice for the first time on smartphones
- More businesses are using tablets for viewing documents, email and presentations
"The continued growth of business mobile devices, BYOD, cloud, security, and business applications and contents will continue to drive the growth of the enterprise mobility market moving forward," said Gina Luk, Senior Analyst of Mobile Workforce Strategies.
About Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with advisory services, consulting and actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for enterprise success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com