The Ministry of Education (MOE) invites our Pioneers and Seniors to celebrate SG50 with a large-scale tribute event, “MOE Celebrates SG50 with Our Pioneers and Seniors at Gardens by the Bay”, on 4 April 2015. The theme, “Living the Legacy, Sowing Seeds of the Future”, pays tribute to our pioneering educators and staff who have left an imprint on our education today and who continue to impact future generations of Singaporeans. Minister for Education, Mr Heng Swee Keat, will be the Guest of Honour for the event, which is expected to draw more than 16,000 people.
The Pioneers and Seniors will be able to enjoy the day with their friends and family, take “A Walk Down Memory Lane”, and participate in a series of meaningful and fun-filled activities lined up for them. The event highlights include:
- Complimentary admission to the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest Conservatories for all MOE Pioneers and Seniors, and one accompanying guest each1
- Morning P.E. (exercise activities)
- Student performances
- Health awareness roadshow
- Bazaar (e.g. healthy snacks, flower displays, books)
- Fringe activities such as cooking demonstrations, caricature drawing, and photo booths
Mr Heng Swee Keat said, “This special event is to honour and express our deepest appreciation for our pioneer educators. They dedicated their lives to nurturing generations of Singaporeans. This firm grounding in education provided the basis for our success as a nation. I hope this will also inspire younger educators to build on this legacy and take our education to greater heights.”
All former and serving MOE pioneers and seniors (education officers and administrative staff who are 60 and above as at 31 December 2014) are invited to register for tickets to the Conservatories by 10 February. Registration is available at www.moe.gov.sg/pioneereducators. Please refer to the Annex for details on the programme. More details on the event are also available at the website.
We look forward to celebrating SG50 with our Pioneers and Seniors at this event. “MOE Celebrates SG50 with Our Pioneers and Seniors at Gardens by the Bay” is part of a year-long series of MOE Celebrates SG50 activities to commemorate Singapore’s Golden Jubilee. MOE and schools will take part in various activities, which includes “Youth Celebrate!” and the mySG Trails and Exhibitions, to celebrate the shared values of Singaporeans and affirm aspirations for a brighter Singapore.
- Each registered pioneer and senior and an accompanying guest will be entitled to a meal voucher and a complimentary ticket to the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest Conservatories. ↩