– Granted US Patents 8,863,297, 8,863,298, and 8,863,299 for Mobile Content Security Technologies
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — The personal cloud is the most persistent security challenge facing enterprises today. Employees use their own cloud apps to store and share work documents, fundamentally compromising enterprise security. MobileIron (NASDAQ: MOBL) today shared its vision for securing business documents in the personal cloud and released the next generation of its Docs@Work secure content hub. MobileIron also announced that it has been granted three patents for content security: US Patents 8,863,297, 8,863,298, and 8,863,299 for "Secure Virtual File Management System."
To learn more, join CEO Bob Tinker for a live webcast at 10:00 AM PST today, October 22. Register here.
"The personal cloud has become the center of our digital lives, and, like it or not, enterprise information now lives everywhere," said Ojas Rege, Vice President Strategy, MobileIron. "Users demand best-of-breed mobile productivity solutions and, many times, those are actually consumer services. CIOs must implement an architecture that provides consistent security and policy across business and consumer services to enable their employees to use the tools and workflows that make them most productive."
MobileIron Outlines the Three Phases to Secure the Personal Cloud
- Phase 1: Personal Cloud Access: Provide native access to popular cloud-based content repositories through a secure mobile interface. Users can now search and find their content across the cloud.
- Phase 2: File-Level Security: Establish file-level protections to ensure that enterprise information stored in the personal cloud is encrypted and cannot be accessed by unauthorized apps and users. When this phase is completed, IT will be able to create security policies that follow data wherever it lives.
- Phase 3: Best-of-Breed Ecosystem: Enable MobileIron’s application partners to access protected cloud data when authorized. When this phase is completed, users will be able to choose the best productivity solutions for them.
Docs@Work Delivers Secure Access to the Personal Cloud
Docs@Work represents the first phase of personal cloud security. The new app expands Docs@Work access to popular cloud-based repositories and is available for iPad, iPhone, and Android tablets and smartphones.
Key enhancements in Docs@Work include the ability to:
- Connect natively to cloud services like Box, Dropbox, Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint Online), and Microsoft OneDrive Pro
- Search, view, download, and save documents across the user’s preferred on-premise and cloud repositories
- Edit both locally on the device and remotely through an integrated browser
Users Demand Best-of-Breed Productivity Solutions
"In a mobile world it’s difficult for IT to define all the tools that are used by employees to be productive on mobile devices," said Chris Hazelton, Research Director, Enterprise Mobility, 451 Research. "Among companies where IT bans the installation of consumer apps, 44% of employees have installed or are interested in installing consumer apps outside of company policies. Mobile workers want to be productive, and will download third party apps to get work done. Given this, it’s nearly impossible for IT to stop the use of consumer apps."
Collaboration tools and data repositories will remain fragmented, and the pace of innovation is so fast that employee choice will become increasingly important. MobileIron transforms the personal cloud from an IT nightmare to a powerful tool for employee productivity.
For more details on MobileIron’s mobile content security strategy and the new Docs@Work, please visit http://www.mobileiron.com/en/products/product-overview/docswork.
This release contains forward-looking statements relating to, among other things, the expected launch of the next generation of the Docs@Work product as well as the expected timing and customer benefits of the product release. The success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks. Actual results could differ materially from those predicted or implied. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, among other things, our ability to successfully develop new solutions and enhancements and to respond promptly to rapidly evolving markets, customer adoption of our platform, defects in our solutions, and competitive developments. More information about the risks MobileIron faces is included in our SEC filings, copies of which may be obtained at http://investors.mobileiron.com or the SEC’s web site at www.sec.gov. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements in this release. We assume no obligation to update such statements. The information on the roadmap is intended to outline our general product direction and it should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The information on any roadmap shown is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at MobileIron’s sole discretion. Future product will be priced separately. This roadmap does not constitute an offer to sell any product or technology.
MobileIron provides the foundation for companies around the world to transform into Mobile First organizations. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.