— Offering a one-stop shop for all testing requirements will enable vendors broaden reach
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Long term evolution-advanced (LTE-A) networks are fast evolving into the next phase of the LTE roadmap primarily due to the technology’s numerous benefits. LTE-A allows more efficient use of the fragmented spectrum, with features such as carrier aggregation (CA), massive multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO), and coordinated multi-point. In particular, CA helps network operators utilize all spectrum resources to increase data rates. As a result, migration to LTE-A is taking place more quickly than expected. This is driving demand for LTE-A test equipment globally in order to ensure interoperability, mobility and high service quality.
LTE-A allows more efficient use of the fragmented spectrum, with features such as carrier aggregation (CA), massive multiple-input, multiple-output (MIMO), and coordinated multi-point.
New analysis from Frost & Sullivan, Analysis of the Global LTE-Advanced Test Equipment Market, finds that the market earned revenues of $254.1 million in 2014 and estimates this to reach $974.3 million in 2021.
For complimentary access to more information on this research, please visit: http://bit.ly/1sABMgd
"Consumer’s desire to surf the Web, make payments, and use entertainment services on their smartphones highlights the issue of limited speed and bandwidth that service providers are struggling to overcome," said Frost & Sullivan Measurement and Instrumentation Program Manager Olga Yashkova-Shapiro. "As demand for faster data services and better coverage fuels the implementation of LTE-A standards, use of LTE-A test equipment will rise."
However, several factors limit market growth:
- Service providers and nanoelectromechanical system manufacturers look for new features and capabilities, but want them at a lower price.
- Test equipment vendors must make significant investments in R&D to keep up with new and old standards
- Limited numbers of available test solutions
- A high level of complexity owing to the need to integrate multiple technologies at different frequency bands into networks and devices at low costs
- Base stations are also very complex as they must be both forward and backwards compatible.
While current competitive factors in the market include quality, reliability, performance, and technological development, there is a need to for performance testing to predict subscriber behavior in LTE-A networks. Existing conformance testing for LTE-A standards focuses only on basic functionality.
"Offering advanced features will help vendors widen their user base," noted Shapiro. "Providing a one-stop-shop for all test deployments will further enable vendors to attract consumers and establish their foothold in the global market."
Analysis of the Global LTE-Advanced Test Equipment Market is part of the Test & Measurement Growth Partnership Service program. Frost & Sullivan’s related studies include: Global Wireless Protocol Analyzers, Load Stress Generators and Functional Test and Network Monitoring Systems Market, Global Outlook for Electronic Test Equipment, Global Wi-Fi Test Equipment Market, and Global Communication Test Services Market. All studies included in subscriptions provide detailed market opportunities and industry trends evaluated following extensive interviews with market participants.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today’s market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
Analysis of the Global LTE-Advanced Test Equipment Market
Corporate Communications – North America
P: (210) 247.2481
F: (210) 348.1003