NEW YORK, March 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of brands vying for limited attention, resorting to antiquated marketing tactics might not be unique enough for your small business to be seen or heard. This is where the classic PR storytelling tactic can make a huge difference. Storytelling humanizes your brand and provides your business the leverage of a well-constructed narrative, however, many marketers are unsure of how to leverage PR capabilities to create a truly impactful brand story.
Heather Wied, Marketing Director for Pubsoft believes every business has a story behind it. In her latest article posted to PR Newswire’s Small Business PR Toolkit, Wied provides a few pointers on how to get started in the process:
- Ask a lot of questions. Asking numerous questions can help to clearly identify the direction of your story and Wied suggests starting with, "What is the driving force behind your value proposition?" She categorizes the responses into three buckets: company-driven; individually-driven; or product-driven and then provides an additional subset of questions to explore.
- Company-driven: Does the story of how your company came into existence include obstacles and adversity that were overcome?
- Individually-driven: Are the founding individuals continuing a family legacy?
- Product-driven: Was there an "A-HA" moment when you got the idea to create your product?
- Share your stories. Once your story has been identified and documented, the next step would be to share it with your audience. Wied believes that your story should permeate all points of communication where the customer can learn more and it should be easily shareable to encourage other engagement.
For further discussion on small business storytelling and tips on how to hone your skills, please read the PR Toolkit article here: http://bit.ly/18Pk0OR
PR Newswire’s Small Business PR Toolkit is a comprehensive resource that provides small businesses and entrepreneurs the tools to develop an affordable public relations and marketing plan that helps generate interest from potential customers, engage with key audiences and grow their businesses. The toolkit features relevant content such as informative white papers, interactive webinars and how-to articles and premium access to educational resources, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers designed specifically for small businesses. To request information on how PR Newswire can help your small business, click here. You can receive updates on new Small Business PR Toolkit content by following @prnsmallbiz on Twitter.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry over 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content — from rich media to online video to multimedia — and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world’s largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world’s enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Director, Strategic Channels