AWARE will hold an online group discussion on Zoom with foreign domestic workers (FDWs) who look after an elderly person in Singapore. This discussion will take place on Sunday, 6 September 2020, 11am – 1pm.
This discussion is part of our research to understand FDWs’ experiences of caring for the elderly in Singapore. We want to share our current findings with you and get your thoughts on them.
To participate, you must:
- Currently be looking after an elderly person above 67 years old in Singapore
- Have been hired between 2018 – 2020
- Be able to speak comfortably in English
- Have access to a Zoom account
The elderly person you look after must:
- Need help with more than one Activity of Daily Living (such as washing, feeding, dressing, transferring, toileting or showering)
- need help due to a mental condition (dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc.).
All participants in this discussion will be given a $30 NTUC voucher as a token of appreciation.
Source: Association of Women for Action and Research