Intuitive Mobile Application to Enable Account Opening and Securities Trading in China
BEIJING, October 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — China Finance Online Co. Limited (“China Finance Online”, or the “Company”) (NASDAQ GS: JRJC), a leading web-based financial services company that provides Chinese retail investors online access to securities, commodities, and wealth management products, today announced that it has updated its mobile application to include the functionalities based on the Securities Master, or Zhengquantong, the web-based securities trading platform the Company launched on August 18, 2014. China Finance Online’s updated mobile application will support real-time securities trading and allow users to open accounts in China via their mobile devices.
“We are happy to announce this key upgrade of our mobile financial application which will now incorporate our powerful trading platform, Securities Master,” stated Zhiwei Zhao, Chairman and CEO of China Finance Online. “Built upon our philosophy of making investments easier, the latest version of our app will allow Android and iOS users to open new accounts, manage their portfolios, track the markets, and trade with ease, anytime, anyplace and on any device, which is available on the Company’s website and the App Store. The features and functions that are currently or soon will be available to investors include:
- ‘Stock Watch-list’ which will provide investors with immersive real-time data and contextual third-party news on selected stocks by seamlessly synchronizing the information of the PC platform with that of the mobile application,
- ‘Stock Rating’ which will provide research and guidance from our investment advisers, who will utilize our self-developed big data research and calculation methodology, and
- ‘Stock Alert’ which will allow investors to set up push notifications for price triggers and trade notifications to receive timely and customizable alerts.”
Mr. Zhao continued, “The new features will include an ‘IPO Calendar,‘ through which investors can subscribe to information as early as one month prior to the issuance of certain new stocks as well as buy shares. Going forward, we will continue to add new features and functions. For example, we are planning to integrate our mobile application products with a live advice platform, where investors can interact and get perspectives and market insights from our investment experts. Furthermore, we will be able to support the ability to open multiple trading accounts, enabling our users the ability to trade at multiple brokerages. By continuing to demonstrate our industry expertise and advantages in integrating financial platforms, we believe we will further enhance our user experience and provide comprehensive online brokerage services to Chinese investors.”
About China Finance Online
China Finance Online Co. Limited is a leading web-based financial services company that provides Chinese retail investors access to securities, commodities and wealth management products. The Company’s two prominent flagship portal sites, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com, are ranked as top financial websites in China. In addition to the web-based securities trading platform, the Company offers basic financial software, information services and securities investment advisory services to retail investors in China. Through its subsidiary, Shenzhen Genius Information Technology Co., Ltd., the Company provides financial database and analytics to institutional customers including domestic financial, research, academic and regulatory institutions. China Finance Online also provides brokerage services in Hong Kong.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as “will,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “future,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates” and similar statements. Among other things, this release contains the following forward-looking statements regarding:
- our prospect on our Securities Master (“Zhengquantong”) web-based securities trading platform and its integration with our existing financial services, specifically, our mobile financial application;
- our prospect on our upgraded mobile financial application, its features and functions and its integration with the “live advice platform;”
- our prospect on the growth of our financial platform and online trading capabilities;
- our prospect on attracting investors to use our mobile financial trading platform; and
- the market prospect of the business of internet and mobile finance.
Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, which risks and uncertainties include, among others, the following:
- the changing customer needs and demands, regulatory environment and market condition that we are subject to;
- the uneven condition of the world and Chinese economy that could lead to volatility in the equity markets and affect our operating results in the coming quarters;
- the impact of the changing conditions of the Chinese stock market, Hong Kong stock market and global financial market on our future performance;
- the unpredictability of our strategic transformation and growth of new businesses, including our online securities trading services and platform;
- the degree to which our strategic collaborations with partners will yield successful outcome;
- the prospect for China’s high-net-worth and middle-class households;
- the prospect of equipping our customer specialists with new technology, tools and financial knowledge;
- the competition we are facing in the new business of internet finance and online securities trading;
- wavering investor confidence that could impact our business; and
- possible non-cash goodwill, intangible assets and investment impairment may adversely affect our net income.
Further information regarding these and other risks is included in the Company’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F under “Forward-Looking Information” and “Risk Factors.” The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.
China Finance Online Co. Limited