– App analytics and market data company expands its revenues across industry verticals and adds key strategic hires
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — App Annie, the industry standard for data and analytics for the mobile app ecosystem, today announced a milestone year in the making. Global smartphone and tablet adoption has reached critical mass, causing dramatic increases in demand for App Annie products and services. As a result, over the last 12 months there has been a tripling of both customers and revenues, and an increase to 270 employees across 10 offices worldwide. That rapid growth was recently bolstered with the addition of veteran talent to the senior staff and board. Paul Stolorz, who held senior positions at Netflix, Google and NASA joins as Chief Data Scientist in the San Francisco headquarters. Further strengthening the strategic nature of App Annie’s Board of Directors, Omar Hamoui, partner at Sequoia Capital and founder of AdMob, will be taking a seat.
Since Apple and Google launched their respective app stores in 2008, a powerful industry has grown around the development, distribution and monetization of mobile apps. App revenues are growing quickly, with combined iOS App Store and Google Play revenue for the first three quarters of 2014 already surpassing 2013 year total by 25 percent according to App Annie data. With no deceleration in sight, the mobile app community needs access to the relevant and actionable insights App Annie provides, so they can make strategic decisions about the future of their mobile business.
"Year after year, we’re met with explosive growth in the mobile apps space, and 2014 is no exception," said CEO Bertrand Schmitt. "Consumers have made smartphones and tablets a core part of their daily lives, and the app stores are where they go to enhance that experience. As such, brands, retailers, car manufacturers, finance companies and more are adopting mobile at lightning speed in a bid for the hearts, minds and wallets of consumers. Our products help the mobile app community make smarter business decisions, and the sheer demand speaks for itself. App Annie Intelligence customers now generate 50 percent of iOS store revenues, and we have more than 640,000 apps and 60,000 publishers relying on our free Analytics platform daily. This makes 2014 a truly amazing year for App Annie and 2015 is set to be our biggest year for product innovation."
Powering Through 2014
Here are notable highlights from App Annie’s past year of business growth:
- Raised USD $39 million to date, from leading investors including Sequoia Capital, IDG Capital, Greycroft and eVentures
- Acquired mobile analytics company Distimo to accelerate new product development and acquire talent
- Doubled number of enterprise accounts year-over-year compared to 2013, including companies such as BMW, BabyCenter, Nexon Korea, Nestle, Samsung, Scopely, Tencent, Trulia and Tesco
- More than tripled revenues year-over-year
- Over 50% of revenues coming from outside the USA, distributed across key regions including: China, Japan, Korea, Europe and Russia
- More than 640,000 apps and 60,000 publishers relying on the free Analytics platform, which represents the largest independent community of app publishers outside of the major app stores
- 270 employees and 10 global offices located across China, Japan, South Korea, Russia, USA and UK
- Bolstered the executive team and board of directors with the addition of former Netflix, Google and NASA leader Paul Stolorz, taking the role of Chief Data Scientist and Omar Hamoui, partner at Sequoia Capital taking a board seat
A Year of Product Innovation and Expansion
2014 also saw App Annie expand its analytics and market data platform:
- Free Advertising Analytics grew its industry leading unified dashboard to include 30 major ad platform partners, including Facebook, Admob, AppLovin, Chartboost and InMobi
- Free App Store Optimization was added to the platform, a must-have for all app marketers, allowing them to track, analyze and optimize app search keyword rankings and improve app discoverability
- Developed a series of new indexes focused on emerging and growth regions and verticals for the free App Annie Index, covered regularly by publications like: NYTimes, Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, TechCrunch, Re/code, VentureBeat, and others
- Launched the App Annie DNA product, allowing customers to quickly access deep research on apps and companies through App Annie designed categorization models including information such as unified views of apps with multiple versions, app franchises, publisher groupings and parent companies.
- Free Store Stats product actively monitors more than 5.8 million apps daily, representing the largest aggregation of mobile app data in one place in the world
- Even larger product announcements slated for 2015
For more information please visit: www.appannie.com
About App Annie
App Annie is the industry standard for analytics and market data in the app economy. The App Annie platform helps anyone doing business in the world of apps understand both their own app business and app market trends so that they can make better business decisions in product, international, marketing, and investment strategy. App Annie is used by over 90 percent of the Top 100 publishers with nearly 640,000 apps relying on App Annie Analytics to track their downloads, revenues, and rankings and reviews, making it the leading innovator in the app analytics and market data space. The company has tracked over 60 billion downloads and more than US $17 billion in revenues to date, the industry leader by far. App Annie is a privately held global company of more than 270 employees headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, New York, Seoul, Shanghai, and Tokyo. For more information, please visit: www.appannie.com.