NEW YORK, March 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — While the ease of social media adoption is great for small businesses, simply creating accounts in order to leverage your online presence will do little to build your brand and boost engagement. A resource-strapped and budget-conscious small business owner may quickly jump into multiple social media streams and feel that opportunities are being missed without an in-depth social media strategy guiding them through the various platforms.
In his latest article, featured on PR Newswire’s Small Business PR Toolkit, Steve Lazuka, founder of Interact Media, offers five actionable steps that small businesses can take to ensure their strategy is keeping pace with the social media current.
- Objective. Your objective should go beyond simply gaining likes and followers. All posted forms of content should support your objective and results should be tracked in order to gauge the effectiveness of your efforts.
- Buyer Personas. These are examples of the real buyers who influence or make decisions about the products or solutions you offer. Use the demographics of your customers and prospects to create several personas and use these to guide you with content creation and in determining what social sites to participate in.
- Update. If you have previously created profiles on multiple social platforms, now is the time to revisit and ensure that the information is up to date. Take note if a particular platform requests you to fill out additional information on your organization.
- Apples to Oranges. Since users interact with content differently on each social channel, no platform should be treated the same. Adapt your strategy accordingly but maintain the same voice and personality across all channels.
- Editorial Calendar. While engagement and interactions with your audience shouldn’t be "scheduled," you want to ensure you have a content plan in place to support your objective. Categorize each channel into their own bucket and provide details on topics and timing.
For further discussion on ways to continually evolve your social media marketing strategy, read Lazuka’s article here: http://bit.ly/1By4pcu
PR Newswire’s Small Business PR Toolkit is a comprehensive resource that provides small businesses and entrepreneurs the tools to develop an affordable public relations and marketing plan that helps generate interest from potential customers, engage with key audiences and grow their businesses. The toolkit features relevant content such as informative white papers, interactive webinars and how-to articles and premium access to educational resources, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers designed specifically for small businesses. To request information on how PR Newswire can help your small business, click here. You can receive updates on new Small Business PR Toolkit content by following @prnsmallbiz on Twitter.
About PR Newswire
PR Newswire (www.prnewswire.com) is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that enable marketers, corporate communicators, sustainability officers, public affairs and investor relations officers to leverage content to engage with all their key audiences. Having pioneered the commercial news distribution industry over 60 years ago, PR Newswire today provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content — from rich media to online video to multimedia — and then distribute content and measure results across traditional, digital, mobile and social channels. Combining the world’s largest multi-channel, multi-cultural content distribution and optimization network with comprehensive workflow tools and platforms, PR Newswire enables the world’s enterprises to engage opportunity everywhere it exists. PR Newswire serves tens of thousands of clients from offices in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, and is a UBM plc company.
Director, Strategic Channels